Avec ses 33 étages et 137 mètres, l’Hôtel Concorde est l’un des bâtiments les plus haut de France. Il fut inauguré en avril 1974, dans le cadre de la création du Centre International de Paris.
Une extension à lieu entre 1997 et 1999. Les surfaces d’exposition ont été doublées avec 3 plateaux supplémentaires et deux nouvelles salles à plat. Le nouvel amphithéâtre Bordeaux est construit dans un cône inversé, visible sur la façade. Sa nouvelle forme architecturale en plan incliné en fait aujourd’hui sa singularité et sa renommée internationale.
The Palais des Congrès and the Concorde Lafayette Hotel of Porte Maillot, designed by architect Henry Guibout, Malo Letemkoff and the team of Guillaume Gillet was built in 1973 on the site of the old Luna Park, closed since 1948. (See article).
The fallow land was then used to install temporary summer park. It was used after for temporary housing departments buildings.
The construction was done at the same period than the Boulevard Périphérique (ring road). It caused a complete redevelopment of the area. The little church of “Our Lady of Compassion”, built by Louis Philippe in memory of his deceased son, was dismantled and rebuilt stone by stone, a hundred feet away. (see article)
With 33 floors and 137 meters, the Hotel Concorde is one of the tallest buildings in France. It was opened in April 1974 as part of the creation of the International Center of Paris.
An extension took place between 1997 and 1999. The exhibition space has been doubled with 3 additional trays and two new flat rooms. The new arena “Bordeaux” is built as an inverted cone visible on the facade. Its new architectural form makes its singularity and international reputation.
|1973 – Source BNF|