La petite ceinture de Paris fut construite entre 1852 et 1869.Si elle permettait le raccordement via Paris des grandes lignes de chemin de fer, son parcours circulaire en périphérie avait été pensé pour faciliter la desserte des fortifications en hommes et en matériel.
Le site suivant recense photos et plan à l’appui les lieux actuels des anciennes gares.
The inner ring of Paris was built between 1852 and 1869.
If it allowed connection via Paris of outline railways, its circular route on the outskirts had been thought to ease the servicing of fortifications in men and material.
Developed originally as a freight route, it was gradually opened to passenger traffic from 1862.
34 stations were built at regular intervals around its 32 km of track. In 1900 it will host more than 39 million passengers.This will decrease year by year at the rate of expansion of the metro network, until 1934 when passenger service will be closed and replaced by the PC bus.
Only the western part Auteuil – Pont Cardinet is still served until 1985, then absorbed by the RER C in 1988. The rest of the course will long used to transport merchant until his total surrender to the early 90s. Some stations have been demolished, others turned into cafes (La Flèche D’or Charonne Station or Porte d’Auteuil) or incorporated into other buildings (LCL Porte de Clignancourt).
If exploring ways is prohibited, there are many access “secret” along the way. His rehabilitation is now the subject of much debate.
Lovers will find all documents and additional details about the genial association website backup the small ring http://www.petiteceinture.org/
The following site lists photos and plan to support the current locations of old stations.