The building housing La Flèche d’Or (Golden arrow), coffee concert well known to fans, was once the old railway station Charonne of the inner railway ring of Paris (voir article).
Opened in 1862, along with the stations of the right bank of the East of Paris, these stations would facilitate access to plant of an area undergoing industrialization.
The extension of the Metro system dealt a severe blow to the operation of that line abandoned in 1934.
Most of the stations remained abandoned for many years. Those of the West of Paris (on the route of the old line of Auteuil) resisted until 1985 before their integration into the RER C. Others were recycled into a restaurant like the Porte d’Auteuil Station.
Long used by SERNAM, the building was converted in the 90s. The place was renamed “Golden Arrow”, in memory of a mythical train that provided the route from Paris to London via Calais and Dover from 1926 to 1972.
LOCALISER / LOCATE
1862 – La petite Ceinture de Paris | Paris Unplugged
[…] des années 90. Certaines gares ont été démolies, d’autres transformées en cafés (La Flèche D’or à Charonne ou La Gare Porte d’Auteuil) ou intégrées à d’autres bâtiments (LCL […]